During the time I’m typing this review, I just finished taking a shower using the Belo Intensive Whitening Bar. It’s packaged in a slim box with an orange/white theme that’s similar to almost all whitening soaps in the market. I don’t know what’s the co-relation of the color orange with lightening. It weighs 90g, a lesser amount compared to other brands. But like I always say, quality always trumps quantity.
- What? Belo Intensive Whitening Bar
- How much? 64.75 per piece
- Where to buy? Lazada, Leading supermarkets and drugstores
It has the fragrance of soft oats and flowers. FINALLY! A kojic soap that doesn’t smell like orange taxi air freshener. LOL. Anyway here’s the box description:
An intensive whitening bar with glycerin that deeply moisturizes and nourishes dry and dull skin.
• Whitens 64% better than products that use Kojic Acid alone.
• Moisturizes 42% better than regular kojic soaps.
• Dermatologist-tested. Clinically proven effective.
Kojic Acid – Organic compound, is proven to prevent melanin production.
Tranexamic Acid – Amino acid derivative, inhibits inflammation and melanin formation. It reduces appearance of stubborn dark spots that do not respond to other skin lightening ingredients
Glycerin – Powerful moisturizing agent. Prevents moisture loss and restores skin’s firmness and elasticity.
WHAT I LIKE
- At 64 pesos, it’s one of the more affordable lightening soaps in the market today
- A kojic soap that doesn’t sting!
- Smells soooooo good! I can even use this for the scent alone
- Works pretty fast. I saw visible micro peeling as early as 7 days. Yup.
- Does it lighten dark spots and scars? Using this soap alone, nope. I suggest using it in conjunction with their new exfoliating toner an cream
WHAT I DON’T LIKE
- Melts easily. Quite common with cold pressed soaps.
As I always tell my readers, if you’re going to lighten your skin; Don’t forget to use a good SUNSCREEN! This soaps is one for the books. I’ll include this in my favorite whitening soaps rotation.