Korean dramas, or K-dramas, continue to captivate Filipino audiences. It has become a staple source of entertainment for Filipino households, particularly during quarantine. To give you an idea of what you can expect from this PLDT Home and Viu collaboration, here are some of the top shows you won’t want to miss on Viu:
As the country’s fastest internet provider that enables better digital entertainment at home, PLDT Home partnered with Viu, PCCW’s leading pan-regional OTT video streaming service, to give more Filipino families access to a wide catalogue of Asian dramas, especially the most-loved Korean series and TV shows. Now, PLDT Home subscribers can enjoy a Viu Premium subscription for a discounted rate of Php 80/month that comes with free one (1) month Viu Premium access for uninterrupted viewing with zero ads, unlimited downloads and first access to the newest Viu shows.
To give you a glimpse of what you can enjoy with this partnership of PLDT Home and Viu, here are some of the top shows you don’t wanna miss on Viu:
- The Penthouse Season 3: One of the most popular Korean shows last and this year returns for the third season, reintroducing us to the outrageous antics of the residents of Hera Palace. Will they be able to live happily this time and see their children excel in college entrance exams, or will the ugliness of their past return to haunt them? For those who live in the Penthouse, vengeance and karma are two sides of the same coin. If you want to stay up to date on what’s going on in The Penthouse, make sure to watch this show, which is only available on Viu!
- Doom at Your Service: With death on the horizon, writer Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young) strikes a deal with Myeol Mang (Seo In Guk) or the Doom to live her life her way for the next 100 days. Doom at Your Service addresses philosophical issues such as love, sacrifice, and how people behave in the face of impending death (“What would you do if you had 100 days to live?”). The show has enough laughs and substance to keep the viewer wondering what life truly means to them. This Korean Viu Original is only available on Viu.
- Youth of May: This hospital drama transports its audience to the 1980s, in the midst of the Gwangju Uprising, in which 800 South Koreans died in a mass protest for democracy. The plot revolves around the lives of young doctor Hee Tae (Lee Do Hyun) and nurse Myung Hee (Go Min Si), who fall in love during the turbulent times of the era. While set against the backdrop of a watershed moment in South Korean history, Youth of May is also a nostalgic series about the importance of enjoying the journey of growing up rather than the destination. Because all of the episodes are now available on Viu, this show is ideal for your next binge-watching session!
- Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth: This award-winning drama set in the Silla period not only features the stunning faces of Korea’s heartthrobs V from BTS, Minho from SHINEE, Park Seo Joon, and Park Hyung-Sik, but it also follows the life of an elite group sworn to protect the future king. They use not only their swordsmanship skills, but also diplomacy and cunning to complete their mission and form bonds of brotherhood in the process.
- A World of Married Couple (The World of the Married):
- Sky Castle: The satirical saga does not need an introduction as it has long been a fan-favorite since its 2018 release. The story spins around the overachieving parents living in the exclusive and upscale Sky Castle and how their dreams for their children to enter only the top university unveils the darker side of their humanity. Sky Castle is a fun series riddled with intrigue with a critical look at what ambition may drive other people to do.
Check out all these K-series and more by downloading the Viu app on App Store, Google Play and selected Smart TVs, as well as on the web at www.viu.com to access your favorite Korean and Asian shows.
You can conveniently subscribe to Viu by adding it on top of your PLDT Home subscription. Just visit www.pldthome.com/viu.