I’ve had allergies from cats, dust, and pollen ever since I can remember. I’m sick of the never-ending runny nose, sneezing, cough, itchy throat, etc. What sucks is we have a cat at home, whom we LOVE so so much. Typical anthistamines like Cetrizine or Loratidine give temporary relief. But lately, not one single medicine is working anymore. Until one fine day, my boyfriend sent me a FB post on Dyson’s Air Purifier for allergies. I told him that thing costs almost 50,000 pesos and I can’t afford something that expensive.
I was even torn between choosing an air humidifier vs air purifier.
What is an Air Purifier?
- It is a device that reduces air contaminants such as dust and smoke pollution.
- Adds fragrance so that it does not only clean the room, it also makes the room smell good!
- Eliminates the bacteria in the air, making the air inside your room fresher and clean.
- Retains the moisture in the air.
- There are many benefits of owning an air purifier
Affordable, Quality, Air Purifier from Zen Zest
I practiced my sleauthing skills on-line. From Shopee to Lazada to Google. Looking for an affordable air purifier that’s got good quality but won’t break the bank. Alas, 90% of the reviews there are BAD and waste of money. So, off I go to the nearest department store and do my canvassing there. There’s a number of brands available at the mall, with price ranging from 499-2,999. But one particular brand caught my eye. Zen Zest. I’ve always loved their Home fragrances and Home Sprays, then I saw they also sell Air Purifiers! I was ecstatic!
I immediately purchased the biggest size which costs 1,500 pesos including 1 100ml fragrance oil of your choice.
What Scent Should You Get?
- Lavender – Induces sleep and helps with reliving stress.
- Grapefruit – Stimulates mind and aids in concentration.
- Forest Bamboo – Calming and relaxing effect.
- Citronella – Repels bugs and mosquitoes, antibacterial.
- Eucalyptus and Mint – Mood booster, cooling and refreshing.
- Rose Petals, Orange and Musk – Opens one’s heart and soul to love and spiritual connection.
- Green Tea and Verbena – Relives anxiety and depression, helps relieve headache and nausea.
- Ginger and Orange Blossom – Helps with mental fatigue, brings pleasant thought to mind.
- Fresh Cucumber – Relaxing, induces sleep.
- Iris and Freesia Blossom – Calms your mind and aids in relaxation.
My pick? Eucalyptus and Mint!
I’ve been using Zen Zest’s Air Purifier paired with the Eucalyptus and Mint essential oil for a few days now. My breathing has never felt better! I feel so blessed being able to breathe using 2 NOSTRILS. It’s liberating. If you know how it feels to have allergic rhinitis, you would know the struggle of getting even at least one hole to breathe in/out. HAHAHA! Not only that:
- Our house doesn’t smell like cat poo anymore
- Even my son feels more relaxed and calm
- Keeps our room humid despite the occasional air conditioning
- Machine looks and feels sturdy
- Easy to clean! Just throw away the dirty water and wipe it dry
The Air Purifier works for 10 hours upon plugging (then it deserves a break LOL) and you can replace the water+oil after 3-4 days.
Come to think of it, I should’ve bought myself an Air Purifier a long, long time ago. I spent 1,500php on cosmetics, beauty products, hair care, and too much gym clothing XD. Now I sleep faster, breathe better, and wake up refreshed. I hope my air purifier lasts me a good few years!
I highly recommend this if you’re also tired of clogged, runny nose, itchy throat, and all the annoying allergic rhinitis symptoms!
*Please still see a doctor