Update: You can substitute the Alpine Milk with other FRESH MILK but not other evap. If you cannot find white henna, just use hydrogen peroxide. If you cannot find Ivory Soap, you can use Perla (plain) soap.
Based on this image alone, you can already know what ingredients are used for this popular bleach formulation DIY. The story on how I learned of this is actually very sentimental. I remember it clearly, more than 20 years ago. My mom was a fan of anything skin-care related, especially skin whitening. She’s kikay like me! So it’s obvious I got it from her.
She told me a story of how my cousin was confined in a hospital, and a flawless nurse was tending to him. Her skin was milky white, she had rosy cheeks, and it looked so smooth. My mom of course had to ask what was her secret to her almost perfect goddess like skin. The nurse was kind enough to divulge her beauty secret. Ever since then, my mom and I mix this bleach formula that she slathers on everywhere on her body every week. It was super effective. I envied my mom’s skin. She didn’t allow me to use it because I was too young! Hahaha! Well, that was up until I was in 4th grade. After that, we got lazy. I eventually forgot about this, until now…
The secret is out..
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS BECAUSE I GET QUESTIONS WHERE THE ANSWERS ARE ALREADY WRITTEN HERE
DIY BLEACH FOR SKIN WHITENING INGREDIENTS
- 1 small can Alpine Full Cream Milk (you can substitute any LIQUID milk for this)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Bar of Ivory Soap (you can substitute any MILD soap for this)
- Rhea Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) (you can buy this at Mercury Drug)
- White Henna (You can buy this at Hortaleza)
That’s it. 4 basic ingredients for you to create this bleach in the comfort of your own homes. If you’re lazy like me, I think they some sellers sell this pre-packaged. I won’t mention brands. But it’s cost effective to purchase your own ingredients and hey, doing it yourself is part of the fun! This formulation is good for 3-5 uses too!
WATCH MY VIDEO!!!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR DIY BLEACH
- Get a large mixing container, preferably with a cover.
- Shave your soap using a grater. You can also opt to purchase soap chips if lazy. Put this in your mixing jar, a mason jar will make this bleach feel more luxe.
- Add the white henna powder, in equal amount as your soap
- Beat the egg-whites in a separate bowl until fluffy. Put it in your mixing bowl
Put in 1 can of milk
- Add in 15ml of hydrogen peroxide (use the 3% solution lang)
- Mix everything together
- Tada! You can place the sealed container in a refrigerator and it will stay fresh for 1 week
HOW TO USE
Apply all over the skin and face and leave it for 1-2 hours. Rinse it off afterward. The mixture lasts up to 1 week if kept inside the refrigerator and you can use it everyday.
BENEFIT OF EACH INGREDIENT
- Milk – It has lactic acid to exfoliate skin and also a lot of milk proteins to nourish and whiten skin.
- Egg Whites – It helps with anti-aging and also gives adherence to the bleach formulation making it stick to your skin. It also filled with essential nutrients like vitamin B, Vitamin E, and Omega 3
- Ivory Soap – A mild soap base for gentle cleansing and easy rinsing off the bleach on your skin
- White Henna – The opposite of black henna (duh!) this is used to help minimize the melanin on our skin.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Bleaching agent. This is safe to use for the face and body, even the groin area. It’s super nice on troublesome areas like the groin and underarms. It helps in lightening those skin areas.
I hope you enjoy reading this post! *whew* Try this and share your experience in the comment box below!
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest” – Benjamin Franklin
Disclaimer: Please use at your own discretion. What works for me may not work for you. Stop using it if you experience any discomfort.