Over the past few weeks, I’ve purchased a few home workout equipment that’s perfect for those who have a small room as I do. The gym was my second home. I hang out there almost 3-4 times a week to lift weights and get strong. I was on a great momentum with Meg Squat’s workout program, Strong Strong Friends, until the pesky COVID19 that halted all my progress.
I’m grateful for the Strong Strong Friends team because they still upload a full workout program for those at home and can primarily do bodyweight-only exercises with minimal equipment.
Don’t forget to BOOKMARK for easy access of all the workout videos below
Watch my vlog!
My 8 Must-have Home Workout Equipment for Small Spaces
#8 Core Sliders
- Where to buy? bootybands.ph
- How much? 450 PHP / pair
- What’s it for? Sliders are what’s called an “instability surface,” which “forces you to engage your muscles the entire time” to do the move correctly
#7 Jump Rope
- Where to buy? Merch24 on Shopee
- How much? 250 PHP
- What’s it for? Jumping rope is a great calorie-burner. You’d have to run an eight-minute mile to work off more calories than you’d burn jumping rope. “It strengthens the upper and lower body and burns a lot of calories in a short time, but other considerations will determine if it’s appropriate for an individual.“
#6 Resistance Bands
- Where to buy? Merch24 on Shopee
- How much? 625 PHP
- What’s it for? You can mimic almost all exercises and work the same muscle groups using resistance bands.” In fact, studies show the effects of combining elastic and free weight resistance on strength and power in athletes.
#5 Loop Bands
- Where to buy? @bootyband.ph
- How much? 450 PHP per set of 3-4
- What’s it for? Booty Bands are mini rubber loop bands designed to be placed around the thighs, legs, ankles, feet, shoulders, and arms. They are used as part of a physical exercise program with the intention to add an additional resistance challenge to natural movements such as squats, lunges, slides, and kicks.
#4 Glute Bands
- Where to buy? B_AND via @boudeeboujoir on IG
- How much? 1,100 PHP
- What’s it for? The muscles help us to perform activities like moving forward, stopping, jumping up, as well as picking things up from the floor. Booty bands help break apart muscle fibers in your hips, glutes, and legs so they can rebuild to increase strength and structure in your posterior (backside).
#3 Pushup Bars
- Where to buy? My friend Sweety gave this to me as a gift but you can purchase this at any exercise equipment store on-line of off
- How much? 450 PHP for the pair
- What’s it for? Push-up grips (also known as push-up bars) are an excellent way to get the most out of this exercise. They not only intensify the effects of push-ups but are also a great way to train your muscles with minimum impact on the joints.
#2 Mini Dumbbells
- Where to buy? Ensayo Equipment
- How much? 750 PHP for a pair of 5lb dumbells
- What’s it for? If you want to gain a lot of lean muscle mass, you can do so it with just dumbbells. And they don’t have to be really heavy dumbbells, either. You can do it with light to medium dumbbells. You can even gain muscle without going to the gym or needing a lot of workout space.
- Where to buy? Ensayo Gym Equipment
- How much? 750 – 5,000 PHP depending on the weight of Kettlebell
- What’s it for? Last but not the least, my favorite! Kettlebells are known to improve overall strength, core power, balance, flexibility, and coordination while also melting fat and sculpting healthy and lean muscles.
Composing this article is a much-needed workout for my brain. Remember, our mind is also a muscle. I used to write on the blog daily, but because I’m back to being employed it went back to 1-2x per week. I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I’ve written it. There are a LOT of exercises to keep us in shape even if we do not have access to the gym.
While we won’t be able to be as strong. Because in order to build strength you really need heavy equipment. But because I don’t have any plans of building a “home-gym” because of space constraints, these small workout equipment will do for now.
Disclaimer: I am not a fitness instructor or a certified trainer. I am just a fitness enthusiast sharing my personal experience