Hi everyone! Today will be the first recipe from my lolo’s unwritten recipes. His super yummy pritong lechon. He’s one of the best cooks I know, and unfortunately, he’s lazy to write his recipes down. He does everything by tantsa (estimate) and gut-feel. But everything he makes is DELICIOUS. He’s turning 88 this 2020 after writing, and I want to IMMORTALIZE him via writing all his recipes on my blog (hopefully a BOOK!!!!)
First and foremost, I am not a cook. I’m not your typical “domesticated” mommy. If I can remember everything he taught me, it’s because I always ask him how he makes them. Even if I had no plans of recreating them anytime soon… I have them inside my head thanks to my photographic memory.
Lolo’s Famous Recipes:
- Sinangkutsang Adobo
- Shrimps in Soy Sauce
- Best Burger Patties Ever
- Special Sinigang na Baboy
- Potato and Egg Tortilla
- Tortang Ampalaya
Until recently, we were quarantined in our homes due to the covid-19 pandemic. Restaurants were limited, most are already closing. Markets have limited schedule. I was forced to crack my fingers, go to the kitchen, and make some homecooked meals for me and macho kid. Without further ado, the leftover lechon recipe: Pritong Lechon.
How to Make Pritong Lechon
- Leftover lechon
- Best if your leftover is a day old from the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the lechon, sparingly. Then massage it to coat all parts evenly. This will make your pritong lechon extra crispy and tasty. A savoury replacement to a “sugar” caramel. This is the salt version.
- Pre-heat your pan to high, then once hot enough (drop water to check if it evaporates), lower the heat (level 2-3 in my induction cooker)
- Slow-fry your leftover lechon. BE PATIENT. Flip every 30 seconds or so, or when you’re brave enough to face the splattering oil.
- BE PATIENT. You don’t want it burnt.
- Fry until you see the fat parts looking brown and crispy.
- Turn off the heat and serve
THIS. IS. SO. YUMMY. Best eaten with white rice!!!!!! Ugh, writing this makes me want to eat more O_O I hope you enjoyed my lolo’s recipe. I’ll share more soon ^_^