I am not a milk drinker. I only drink milk when mixed with chocolate or strawberry or melon. I cannot take it as it is. I had poor nutrition, sickly, underweight. Who else should I blame but the people who raised me? That’s why when I became a parent, and gave birth to macho kid, besides exclusively breastfeeding him for 2 years. I want him to drink milk regularly.
Why Is it important for children to drink milk everyday?
1. Milk Is Rich In Calcium
Milk is one of the best sources of calcium that your kid can consume.
- It keeps your kid’s bones healthy and strong and prevents bone loss.
- It helps prevent headaches, and even migraine attacks that kids experience if they have a calcium deficiency.
- Calcium prevents childhood obesity. It will help your kid fight the flab, as it also helps to reduce unwanted fat from the body.
- Calcium is also extremely important for your kid’s dental health.
- The recommended amount of daily calcium helps blood clotting and your kid’s nerve signals also work in perfect condition.
- Calcium helps release hormones and other chemicals from your kid’s body.
- It will also help in properly squeezing and relaxing your kid’s muscles (1).
2. Vitamin D In Fortified Milk:
Vitamin D helps your kid’s body absorb calcium from various sources.
- Fortified milk contains decent amounts of Vitamin D.
- It helps to promote bone growth in your kid and will also reduce any chances of brittle bones, especially in later years.
- Vitamin D can help to reduce inflammation. It helps boost your kid’s immune system.
- Vitamin D deficiencies can escalate to various conditions like osteoporosis in later years or rickets during childhood (2).
3. Healthy Teeth:
Milk is rich in calcium and phosphorus, which are crucial to your kid’s dental health and tooth development.
- Calcium and phosphorus together help to maintain the health of your kid’s teeth.
- One of the most important proteins found in milk is casein. It helps to form a thin film on your kid’s teeth’s enamel surface and helps to prevent the loss of calcium and phosphate.
- It is especially helpful when your kid’s teeth may get exposed to the acids present in the mouth.
- Many dentists will recommend your kid should drink only milk in between meals, in addition to water. It is because drinking milk does not cause tooth decay (3).
4. Good For Blood Pressure Levels:
Drinking milk can help your kid’s blood pressure levels stay in check.
- According to studies, your kids should consume at least three portions of milk each day along with a healthy and balanced diet.
- Consuming milk along with a low salt diet keeps your kid’s blood pressure levels in check (4).
5. Helps Stay Hydrated:
Your kid should drink lots of fluids throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Drinking milk is a great way for your kid to stay hydrated.
- It is especially important for your kid to re-hydrate after a strenuous workout or any stressful physical activity. Drinking milk helps your kid’s body recover after an exhausting exercise (5).
6. Healthy Bones:
- Milk is a rich source of calcium, which is good for developing strong bone structure in kids.
- Your little one can overcome complex bone ailments like osteoporosis by drinking a daily glass of milk.
- When your child suffers from calcium deficiency, she is at higher risk of experiencing bone fractures when injured.
7. Promotes Heart Health:
- The right amount of calcium reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases in kids.
- Researchers conclude that daily consumption of milk reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and heart diseases.
- Magnesium and potassium present in milk serve as vasodilators that regulate the blood supply to the vital organs.
- The peptides present in milk inhibit the synthesis of ACEs, which otherwise would increase the blood pressure level.
8. Supplies Vital Minerals And Vitamins:
- Milk contains healthy vitamins and minerals, which keeps your little one active, healthy and strong.
- The vitamins and minerals present in milk are great for your kid’s eyesight.
- Carbohydrates present in milk supplies adequate energy and prevent your kid from feeling lethargic or tired.
- Milk provides protein, which helps in your kid’s body repair and growth (1)
Selecta Fortified Milk
While it’s easy to say that our kids should still drink milk as they grow, sometimes they get bored of the usual taste. Good thing Selecta Fortified Milk has that yummy vanilla ice cream taste!
For kids 6-9 years old, Selecta Fortified Milk completes 100% of the daily energy and nutrient requirement through the vitamins and minerals added – It’s 100% fortified which means that it’s infused with more vitamins such as Vitamin A, B1, B2, Niacin, B6, B12, D3, and a high source of Calcium.
Geof really loves the taste and it’s an excellent supplement to his daily nutrition! Mommies, daddies, have you tried Selecta Fortified Milk already? 🙂